Usually I hate whiners, but today I am going to break my rule and whine a little today.
The thing that I am getting so irritated with while being pregnant is not being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it. If you know me you know that I am impatient and like to be able to do things myself. Right now it is killing me not to go outside, fire up the lawnmower, and finish cutting the front yard myself! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! OMG, the first lawnmower we had quit when we tried to use it on wed halfway through cutting the front yard. Right now I have a large green patch in the middle of my front yard! So not cute :-( It's actually quite embarrassing. I think I am going to have to get my hubby up first thing Sunday and tell him, "It's grass cutting time!" I can't pull into my garage with any dignity for much longer.
It also killed me when I had to call my vertically blessed brother to come over and change light bulbs in my bedroom for me. My husband and I are not the tallest people you know. I come in at 5'4" and he towers over me at 5'8" (although I think it's closer to 5"6" but he won't let go of those two inches) We have a stepladder that can be used to reach most high things but the fan assembly in the bedroom, no such luck. Once while alone I contemplated placing a milk crate on the top step and using it to give me more height. Yes, yes I know that had Wyle E. Coyote written all over it but I assure you it was only a passing thought.
I want to paint the baby's bedroom before she gets here. I know that if I did and people ask me how it got done and I tell them I'll get lectures for days. Not on the list of things I want to listen to. I have all of this free time and currently some energy but not the ability to do it.
To add insult to injury I am a big time perfectionist and I want everything done my way. I do appreciate when people offer to help but usually I want to take over and do it my way because I'll usually end up going behind them and "fixing" it. This all sounds so ungrateful and believe me I am not ungrateful for the help in the least, it's just another one of my charming character flaws. I almost always think that I can do it better. Boy, I'm starting to sound like such a pleasant person.... oh well.
Well it's almost 4pm and I've enjoyed now 4 glasses of premium "whine". It's the only wine I don't feel guilty about indulging in while pregnant. I'll be happy to get back on the real stuff asap! I've got to run for now, I am going to top off the day with a sno cone and some Greek food. I've managed to avoid cleaning up after any of the animals today and as always, God I really do love my life!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Nothing wrong with a little whine :) Just a few months and your hormones will be back to normal!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely nothing wrong with a little whine here and there. I hope you're feeling better. Have you considered having a painting party? Maybe throw some easy snacks together and have a few girls over to get the painting done... and get some friendly company. Granted you'll have to be on your best behavior and smile. Even if someone moves the paintbrush in a fashion that does not meet the Queen's standards ;)
ReplyDeletethanks girls. I hadn't thought of a painting party it's a good idea. I will have to be extra good, lol.
ReplyDelete