Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

I went ahead and cut the grass myself today! I know there are tons of people out there who would balk at the idea of a woman who is 8 months pregnant cutting her own grass but, it was actually not that bad. The weather was cool and breezy so I never got to hot, I drank plenty of water and I took lots of breaks. I actually felt good while I was doing it, although I was trying to hide the fact that I was pregnant from my neighbors that were driving by, lol. Afterwards I was soooo hungry. I never thought I could be that hungry I scarfed down an Arby's value roast beef sandwich with cheddar, value fries, value dr. pepper and a medium sorbet from TCBY! All this in about 25 minutes! Whoa! I was still kind of hungry after I was done. I figure I spent a lot of calories today. I am contemplating texting the hubby and asking him to stop on his way home for some other type of food..... nah I'll make something :-)

I really did feel good after cleaning the yard, now the mowing wasn't that bad, raking up all of the grass clippings because we don't have a mower that bags, was for the birds, ugh! I think if I decide to have more kids I'll do a much better job of remaining active. I was far too lazy with this pregnancy. Next time, if there is a next time, I'm gonna be one of those mothers who continues to run and exercise and all that jazz.... we'll see ;-)

I think part of the reason that I felt so good taking care of the yard is because, I sat and thought about my husband and how hard he works to provide for us. He doesn't complain often and I really have it easy. I think when I did this I really felt like I was taking some of the load off of him. Isn't that what a wife is for anyway? To be a help mate and not a burden. I do appreciate everything that he does to keep us afloat. I'm really a lucky, strike that, blessed woman.

Well it's off to fix myself a late night snack, I'm thinking some kind of noodles.... As always, I'm thankful for my friends and family and my little one to come and I can't say it enough, but God I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment