So yesterday was such a busy day I barely had time to breathe.
I was up early going to my sister's helping to get her grill dropped off, then back home to pick up the hubby and meet my cousin for an afternoon matinee, then off to dad's so that he and Damian could fix the lawnmower so that we could finally get this grass under control. I did however manage to pass out there for a few minutes :-) After finishing that I dropped the hubby off at home to cut our grass, then flew out to Collierville to pick up my friend's little boy CJ, I'll have to blog about him sometime, his antics are hilarious, then back to the 'Dova only to help with homework then go to Shelby Farms with CJ so he could play on the playground and not be stuck inside looking at either a computer or TV screen. After the park it was back home to fix dinner for myself and CJ. The poor hubby had to watch as we noshed on gourmet chicken nuggets, creamed corn and green beans ;-). After returning from the park got to see my freshly mowed yard... nope! The lawnmower quit working half-way through so we have cut borders and a nice tuft in the middle. Lovely. Add buy a lawnmower to the list for tomorrow :-( Finally 8:30! Now bedtime for CJ :-( never fun to encourage an 8 year old who doesn't necessarily want to go to bed and is looking for negotiations. Not here my friend this here is a dictatorship, ha! It wasn't that bad really. Now it should be bedtime for me right? Wrong! Sleep did not actually come until the wee hours around 2:30 or so....
I'm guessing this will be indicative of my life from here on out. Full of chores and things to do and people to take care of. I'm not quite sure if I'm completely ready but days like this help to prepare me. I will say it was actually kind of nice having to be busy and not feel like a useless lump on a log.
The weekend is looking pretty eventful as well. Greekfest is this weekend and my mom, sister, and I love to go and eat Greek food and enjoy the atmosphere. It was really nice when I lived literally right down the road from the church and could walk and did not have to worry with parking, I don't know what I am complaining about though, I never drive when I go anyway ;-) and I definitely wouldn't be walking all that way this year! Then it's Mother's Day! I'm really excited! It will be my first mother's day. I know I'm not a mom of a baby that's here yet but she's coming and I feel more and more like her mother every day. I'd like to enjoy the day simply hanging out with the Damian but it's a busy day at the restaurant so no such luck this Sunday :-( Also scheduled for this weekend, crib shopping! Yippee! I can't wait until the bed is all assembled and in her little room. I know I won't be saying this when all of the pieces are scattered on the floor and I'm trying to access my non existent engineering degree to read the schematics for assembly. Oh yeah, and tomorrow is fun times with Liz!!! Woo hoo I can't wait until I get to go visit her and Toby. Fun times :-)
Anyhoo, that's life for now. Jumping from one ring to the other taming tigers and coaxing performers on motorcycles through flaming hoops. Thank God for my life :-)
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Such a cute blog! Love the idea of the Family Circus.
ReplyDeleteAnd, let me tell you. I always find some excuse not to take part in crib assembly. Last time my father inlaw took care of it while I darted out to the movies. Thank goodness we don't have to reassemble that bad boy this time.
Thanks gal! My life sometimes feels like a circus, hahaha! I felt it was completely appropriate :-)
ReplyDeleteI would skip out on crip assembly but if I did that, I would be leaving it possibly to my husband and his wonderful buddies. I have a wobbly dresser with off kilter drawers to thank for that. He's not really that handy ;-)
uh I meant crib not crip. No gang references here, hehe
ReplyDeleteI love Greek Fest too! I have been going since I was a little girl. I think we are going on Friday night. Cant wait to see you tomorrow!
ReplyDelete